Welcome to our Clean-Room!
The lab has a 200m2 10k/100 clean room furnished with state of the art equipment for the manufacturing of MEMS. We can perform all the essential steps needed to fabricate a successful MEMS device: thin-film deposition or growth, single or double side photolithography down to 1μm, etching with chemical or plasma with high aspect ratio, and characterization.
- The preferred procedure is to pass the safety test and then receive training and operate the machines needed for the process by yourself. It is the only acceptable procedure for students and it is extensively detailed in the training page. For some machine that you can not operate you will be authorized to request the technicians to perform the process for you.
- The other procedure is to only request process that will be done by the lab staff. In that case you still need to register but you don't need to pass the safety test (note however that you are then forbiden to enter the cleanroom by yourself!). For most processes there is an online Request system that you have to use in order to help us reduce wastage but you would also need to fill one Micromachines Lab 1 Process Request form for each process you want to have performed for you by the lab.
This procedure is generally much more slow than operating the machine by yourself.
The availability of the different machines may be checked on the booking webpage, and the procedure to use them is given on the training page. All users of the clean room are subject to the strict clean-room rules that insure a safe environment for everyone.
We have a large set of equipment that can be used to perform micromachining, characterization or simulation. Each piece of equipment has its detailed page where you can see what process you can perform, read operating manual...
- E-beam evaporator
- Magnetron sputter system (DC/RF) : metal, Shape Memory Alloys
- Plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition system (Technics)
- Oxidation/Annealing furnaces : general use, clean use
- Diffusion furnaces : N type, P type
- Electroplating bath
- Double-sided mask aligner with infrared alignement (OAI)
- Double-sided mask aligner with imaging alignement (Karl Suss)
- Spin coater with co-rotating cover (Karl Suss)
- Spin coater with edge bead removal
- Reactive ion etching system (Technics)
- ICP Deep RIE Si etching system (STS)
- Wet bench
- Dry box
- Scanning electron microscope (Hitachi)
- Displacement and vibration measurement system (Fotonic sensor)
- Thin film stress characterization system (Tencor)
- Optical microscopes
- Semiconductor parametric test system
- Other electronic testing systems
- Wafer dicing system
- Wafer bonder with aligner (Karl Suss)
- Wire bonding system
- Probe stations